Lowell High School's Newspaper of Record

The LHS Review

The LHS Review

The LHS Review

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tran’s Focus: Fitness and Future

By  Brian Hoey

Lowell, MA-When Minh Tran prepares to go to the gym in the morning, he has two things on his mind: his fitness and his future.

As a seventeen-year-old student athlete attending Lowell High School, his senior year marks his fourth consecutive year as a member of his high school’s gymnastics team. Beyond the parallel bars, Minh has high hopes for a sports-related profession.

Minh hopes to one day be a physical therapist, and the first step on that journey is figuring out how his own body works. His love for sports, fitness, and science all fuel this dream.

After Minh graduates Lowell High School, he plans to attend a university with a physical therapy program and a gymnastics club.

“I love Syracuse because of its beautiful campus, prestige and a great gymnastics club,” said Minh about his first-choice school, Syracuse University in upstate New York.

There he plans to work toward a degree in Physical Therapy, while still being able to participate in his beloved sport, gymnastics.

After college, Minh would like to work in a physical therapist’s office until he has the means to open up his own physical therapy practice.  Hopefully in the future, if anyone gets injured, Minh will be there living his dream and helping them get back on their feet.