Unity pep rally rocks Riddick

Students dressed in a sea of LHS red and white t-shirts

Everyone starts to feel the school spirit.

Emily Rios, LHS Review Editor

Read and Listen here to Pep Rally Stories and Photos>>>>

https://thelhsreview.com/5019/showcase/5019/

Lowell, MA- The spirit of unity brought the four houses together in Riddick Fieldhouse for the annual pep rally on November 22, just before Thanksgiving break and the annual Thanksgiving Day football game. Listen to a Pep Rally Story here>>>>https://thelhsreview.com/5019/showcase/5019/

The day was packed with performances highlighting the diversity of the Lowell High community. Introducing students to the event was Lowell High’s band, hyping the crowd up with various songs.

LHS students filled the stands with anticipation as they dawned the unifying red t-shirts introduced by Head of School Mrs. Busteed in her effort to promote school unity after the divisive New School referendum result in early November.  Students gleefully tapped the Red Raider spirit sticks, supplied by Jeanne D’arc Credit Union, to start off the noisemaking.

The pep rally kicked off with a flawless performance from the JROTC Unarmed Drill Team. Their sharp and precise movements captivated the audience resulting in an astounding applause and loud taps by students with Red Raider spirit sticks.

Right after the drill team, the Show Choir Sound Impressions, brought even more energy to the field house. Performing one song, the Sound Impressions sang and danced their hearts out to their theme being love and the spirit of journey.

The excitement didn’t stop with the next performance coming from the Cheerleading squad. The act was full of various flips and stunts. The crowd was only getting more excited throughout the routines as the squad increased its intensity tumble after tumble.

The JROTC Armed Drill Team stepped up after the cheerleaders. The technical performance left the students in awe with a marching and weapon skill routine including their signature ‘Musket Wave’.

And the last to perform was the highly anticipated LHS Step Team. This unique group brought a new element of rhythm and dance. Half way through their performance, Mrs. Busteed, continued to promote school unity by taking part in the step team’s routine.

The Step Team ended with a ‘Battle of the Houses’ inspired dance in which they got the audience to cheer for their respective houses.  Students left with a sense of unity and thankful for the talents of the community in anticipation of the Thanksgiving Day football game at Haverhill.