To Stand Out Amongst the Mass

Brett LePoer, Staff Reporter, LHS Review

Owen plays left wing for Lowell High’s varsity hockey team and is pictured above in the middle of a game against Cambridge High School.

By Brett LePoer

Everyone has a story, whether it be tragic, heartwarming, enlightening. Even an everyday person and student at Lowell High School has one to tell.

Owen Goulette is a 16 year old sophomore attending Lowell High School. A native of Lowell, Owen and his family reside in Belvidere, an affluent section of the city with much bigger and nicer homes.

A budding youth, Owen currently plays three sports at LHS as current hobbies: golf in the fall, hockey in the winter, and lacrosse in the spring.

Also, Owen has an Irish and French background and is currently taking French as a foreign language. He had decided to take French as an elective because part his family originated in French Canada like many families in the Lowell area. Speaking of his family, Owen has no cousins. The only children amongst his family include him, his younger sister, and older brother.

Aside from just who he was, there were people who made him who he is. Those people who influenced him. Although not too surprising for most athletes, his parents were the first people that come to mind.

“[they]…shaped me into someone that I and everyone else around me could be proud of. They’ve even pushed me to want to be better, and in the end only want what’s best for me,” Owen said.

There’s a deep respect for his elders.  Deep.

While Owen was unsure of where sees himself in ten years, he does hope to have finished at least four years of college and potentially be searching for a career. Owen was earnest with his answer but is also undecided on the field he wants to pursue in college and his professional career.

On the topics of  President Trump and Lowell High moving to Cawley, Owen reserved comment.

Owen says he’s yet to be affected by any of the Trump reforms.  And since Owen lacks the insight on the issues, he has no real comment. Still, Owen also feels the same towards the Cawley situation, whereas he feels his opinion has no effect on the matter.  Also, he is most likely unaffected by some sort of outcome in the new school building decision.

Owen Goulette is a student, an athlete, a well rounded and open person.

-30-