New Clubs at LHS

Sophia Mirabal

In addition to the already blooming environment of afterschool activities here at LHS, there are some new clubs up and running for the 2022-2023 school year! Students are encouraged to get involved, so don’t hesitate to stop by or contact club advisors if you are interested. 

The Programming Initiative

IG: @lhs.tpi

You may have seen an impressive amount of flyers around campus for this extracurricular. Founded by senior Kenneth Chap and overseen by Mr. Morse, The Programming Initiative allows students to explore the world of computer science and learn how to make real-world applications. 

Join the Google Classroom (the code is hbl2url) or stop by room 237 on a Friday for more info.

Girls Who Code/Coding With Spheros

IG: @girlswhocode.lhs

The Programming Initiative isn’t the only STEM club new to LHS this year. Led by senior Dalya Hakari, Girls Who Code provides an opportunity for girls and non-binary Lowell High students to learn a multitude of computer science principles. 

Head down to room 700 in the Freshman Academy on Thursdays and check it out! The Google Classroom code is tqsuppj.

Badminton Club

IG: @lhs_badminton_club

Everyone is welcome at Lowell High’s Badminton club, which is headed by Ms. Boots. Beginners, amateurs, and pros can head to the gymnasium after school to play with friends and other club members.

Fall meeting dates are every Wednesday. Join using the Google Classroom code, dt7ojrx, or message the Instagram account for details.