Lowell High School's Newspaper of Record

The LHS Review

The LHS Review

The LHS Review

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Family Comes First

By Lil Patrylo

img_1205Lowell, MA- One Lowell High School student chooses family over everything. Stephane Silva,  Brazilian woman empowered by her ROTC training, cares for others and wishes to selflessly help them.

When posed certain what-if scenarios, Stephane expressed care for others and love of her family over selfish interests.

One person dear to her heart is her grandmother, who on her last day on earth, Stephane would travel back to Brazil to bid farewell. Stephane also chose her family when given the ultimatum to save either her true love or her family.

When asked what she would do with a million dollars, she would help another country in need and give the rest of the money to charity.  Another selfless act declared by Stephane.

On a free day you’re likely to find Stephane watching Grey’s Anatomy all day possibly eating her favorite food, lasagna. On her bluetooth speakers you might hear her favorite music which is country and Brazilian music.

One thing that Stephane has learned from high school is that she doesn’t care for other people’s opinions and can be anything she wants to be.

She’s also not one for material looks and she cares more for the value of people’s character. Staying true to her distaste for material looks, on average Stephane only takes about five minutes getting ready every day!

Moving on with life, prospects of college scare her due to the bills and the loneliness of being away from family by herself. But she seems strong and goal orientated as her ROTC training indicates.  There’s a good chance her anxiety is in her head. Stephane hopes to go far in this world.

Stephane formerly played volleyball, lacrosse, and violin, but they remained merely childhood hobbies. Along with childhood hobbies, her favorite Pokemon character is Pikachu!

Stephane is a lover of the color green, and is against the look of socks and sandals. If given the choice she prefers pen. She uses an Apple phone.

But most of all, she is a lover of her country. When asked if there was something about her that deserved recognition, she responded her Brazilian nationality.

Stephane Silva is a stellar student who cares deeply for her Brazilian family and background but also for others.