Lowell, MassachusettsLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.
Lowell High School's Newspaper of Record

The LHS Review

LHS student Pan found safe in nearby town

Lowell, MA- A hearing impaired LHS student, believed missing for the last 2 days, has been found safe on Saturday in Dracut.  Panha Pan, a student in the English language development program, has returned home.

“Panha Pen is safe.  He was found in Dracut, is  now home,” according to an email sent by LHS Discipline and Operations Specialist Dr. Roxanne Howe at 5:25 on Saturday evening. A missing person’s report was filed with the Lowell Police Department on Thursday.

Pan, 20,  went missing last Thursday morning and may have been seen on Friday morning around 7 a.m. on Bridge Street.  Apparently, Pan had not contacted his family about his whereabouts.

According to school officials, Pan came to school on Thursday morning and was last seen in the building by a fellow student after the first bell.  Pan is a student in the English Language development program at LHS.  A missing person’s report was filed with the Lowell Police Department on Thursday.

Head of School Brian Martin had addressed the entire school community through the Colleen Creegan Television Studio before the end of Thursday’s last period.  Mr. Martin had informed the students, faculty and staff of Pan’s disappearance and made a plea to the community to be on the look out for him at dismissal afterward.

LHS Administrators and LHS staff continued to search the city for him.  Lowell Police were investigating his disappearance.

If you have seen this student, Panha Pan please contact Lowell Police at 978-937-3200.